Tips for Online Storytelling
Once upon a time, people responsible for telling stories were constantly hearing the battle cry, “keep it short.” Or your story must be authentic. This reality continues to accelerate everyday by digital disruption, brought on by the Internet and social media. Moore’s Law reminds us technology doubles every 12 to 18 months.
1. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you’re faced with online storytelling:
2. Everything starts with what you see.
3. Tell the story through the eyes of another person.
4. Position your customers as the expert.
5. Be mindful of the two sides of your conscious brain – logical and emotional.
6. And most importantly, solve a problem.
Now this. Picture yourself searching online. What is your attention span? Keep this in mind next time you do an online video.